The menus system can be configured with the menu editor included in the administration section under the security group. To edit an existing menu item simply click on it in the menu tree on the left, and edit the entry details, on the right, once loaded. Edit the entry then click on the Save button. To delete an existing menu item simply select it on the menu tree, then once loaded click on the Delete button. To create a new menu item, first click on the Clear button, if you previously had an existing menu entry selected, then fill in the form details following these guidelines:
- Name: The internal and unique name used as a reference. Required field.
- Label: The label shown to the users.
- Position: A number used to sort the menu item amongst it siblings. In the event that two items have the same
position value, the items are sorted alphabetically. The position numbers do not have to be sequential, gaps in the
numbering can be created to allow for future insertion, or to ensure that an item or branch is placed last, as is the
case of the
- Icon: The class of a Font-Awesome icon, with the optional colour qualifier. For example
fa fa-warning fa-colour-orange
- Separator: Checkbox that indicates if this item is to be a separator. When enabled, the label is not shown so a good label to use is a few dashes (ie: "----"). Also, the item when rendered will not have a URL.
- URL: The URL field is best used to create a menu entry pointing to an external resource, otherwise when rendered the URL should be generated from the associated Route.
- Enabled: Allows to enable or disable any entry. Any disabled entry will not be rendered. Useful to temporally disable an entire branch.
- Parent: List all other menu entries, except separators, to select, as the name indicates the parent of the current entry. This allows setting the hierarchy.
- Route: Associate the current menu entry with an Application Route. This will also give the menu entry both a URL and a Permission.
- Permission: If the item is not associated with a Route, a specific permission can be selected. Best used to secure access to external resources when specified with the URL field.